
War Correspondent Michael Yon wrote:
I must admit that I miss being with combat soldiers. That's one group of people I understand to the last degree. Just before McChrystal's gang kicked me out, I was in the tent and Captain Max Hanlin was working away between Charlie Company missions. I said something like, "I want to take your picture Sir," and he just looked up and smiled. And I said something like, "In the civilian world, you can't keep that pistol on your desk." He just laughed and kept working. I'd like neighbors like Max when I get home to America. Smart, tough, real.
Photo by Michael Yon
Update: When I talked to Max today, I asked him if he was on any medication (he hadn't mentioned being sick and I saw the pills on his desk in the photo. He said, "Yeah, malaria medication, you know, to prevent malaria." I told him to make sure he takes it as prescribed!
Max is the best neighbor you can ever hope for!
ReplyDelete