
My good friend's husband has a Purple Heart from an IED injury he sustained in Ramadi, Iraq, a few years ago. Thankfully, after surgery, his injury didn't leave him disfigured and he is 100% fine today.
On her SUV, my friend's license plate displays an image of a Purple Heart medal. In order to display this,one has to have earned a Purple Heart. Not that I was going to try to buy one, but I did ask her if just any random person could drive around with one of these on his/her license plate. She told me you have to have the documentation in order to get one. I promise...I wasn't going to try to get one... :)
Anyway, the other day, I asked her if anyone has ever noticed her license plate and said something to her about the Purple Heart. She replied saying, "not really," but that over the weekend, someone had written on her back windshield, "Thank you for your sacrifice."
She then told me it reminded her she needed to wash her car.
No comments:
Post a Comment