I have to laugh because Max has worn his dress blue uniform more in the last month than in the past 4 years we've been married. First, there was the ball at Ft. Lewis. Since he has been on leave while in San Francisco, he has attended some events to which he has worn his dress blues. Last night, for example, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates spoke at the Marines' Memorial. Dropping Max off downtown, he certainly stood out in the crowd at rush hour while crossing Sutter Street.
Last month, the weekend I flew to Ft. Lewis to meet Max when he returned from Afghanistan, I was struck by all the people in uniform - it had been quite some time since I had been on post. Living in a non-military city for a year, I almost forgot what it was like to see people in uniform on a daily basis - picking kids up from school, in the grocery store, in a restaurant, on the sidewalk, etc.
It sure was nice to see all those uniforms back home!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment