I've noticed that runners who jog along the Embarcadero don't typically wear reflective safety belts. Runners who jog on a military base are required to wear them or they will be fined if stopped by the Military Police. Max, I guess out of habit, wears one wherever he runs. He has always tried to make me wear one too, but if it's not dark out, I really have to draw the line.
In the fall of '08, we took our son who was four months old at the time, on his first train ride from Quantico to NYC. During our stay, I had a little PS 277 reunion with a couple of my former teacher friends - one of whom had a baby boy the day before I had mine.
We were visiting and watching the babies who were next to each other on a blanket. Max had been out for a jog. In the middle of our visit, Max arrives through the front door of my friend's apartment where we were staying, wearing not a reflective belt(which is a little more understated), but a reflective vest!
We all burst out laughing picturing him running through Central Park, in the middle of the day, sporting his trustworthy reflective vest.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember staying at your house on the base in Quantico taking care of the cat when you & Max were still at the hospital right after you'd had the baby. Max had left explicit instructions that if I were going to go for a run, I must wear the vest! Everyone out on the trails had them on. And in addition to being safe, it was actually sort of fun... made me take my little jog much more seriously!
ReplyDelete