Friday, May 14, 2010

Adult proms

We're counting down now...July is approaching! I've gotten a few emails detailing upcoming events and celebrations that occur once Max's unit is home. There is a homecoming ball (sounds eerily like high school, right?). Military balls are actually a lot of fun. I remember getting ready for the 1st one I ever went to in Savannah when he was with 1/75:

I always joke with Max because he defies the whole “men are always waiting for women to get ready” saying. The evening of the ball was no exception. I think I was ready and waiting about forty-five minutes while Max was still sitting on the edge of the couch adjusting the ribbons and awards on the breast of his uniform.

After trying to figure out what exactly it was he was doing holding a ruler up to the pins on his uniform, I finally just broke down and asked, “what in the world are you doing to your uniform and what is with the sewing tools?”

Max explained that there is a proper way to wear decorations; they had to be measured for precision or they would not be right. He had even gone as far as to print out the order of how the ribbons and medals should be placed on his uniform.

It was a pretty high maintenance moment for him and he was extremely serious about it, so my joking around about it didn't go over too well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment