Monday, December 28, 2009

City Living

I was so sheltered from this sort of thing, living all of last year on a military base:

As I strolled my son to the park yesterday morning, we came upon a "situation" on the sidewalk.

A few local vagabonds were enjoying their early morning malt liquor when a police officer approached them. Too far down the block to turn around, we came closer to the scene. I noticed the men tried to scurry away before the officer reached them, but to no avail...the bus stop crowd prevented their escape path capability.

As I weaved the stroller through the busy sidewalk, I looked at the huddle the officer had made with those in question. As I passed, I overheard the officer scold them, "I've been through this with you guys before; open containers on the streets are illegal and it's really not right to be drinking so early, especially in front of the sisters. I don't like that behavior at all." He pointed to the nuns who were waiting for the bus.

We certainly are not in Quantico anymore, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment