Since Max is deployed this holiday season, I felt that it was important to surround the baby and myself with as much holiday spirit as possible. Last Sunday, my good friend suggested we pick up our Christmas tree. I told her that was a great idea while simultaneously checking the date on my watch. I never would have considered myself to be a "November Christmas tree buyer" before this year. We needed the pick-me-up. In fact I've noticed how many people must be feeling the same way; I have seen several trees on top of cars heading home for the next month. Once I put it in its stand and decorated it with lights and bows from gold ribbon (all of my decorations are packed in a storage unit somewhere in Washington state), I realized just how much my baby son loves it. He claps each time I plug in the lights; it warms my heart.
I took a picture of the tree and emailed it to Max. Since he can't be here for the holidays, I will send pictures of the holidays to him. He is with us in spirit.
I have several military wife friends who have spent various holidays without their husbands. While they are missed more than words can describe, the meaning behind togetherness is completely appreciated and never taken for granted, especially once they are finally home.
Enjoy your holiday season. May every light make you smile.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment