
U.S. Army Capt. Max Hanlin, Commander, Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 17th Infantry Regiment assists in the delivery of humanitarian supplies in Rajankala, Kandahar province, Afghanistan, Nov. 27. The U.S. Army operates from combat outposts to add flexibility to operations in their sectors. (Joint Combat Camera Afghanistan)
I think it would be safe to say that we, as a nation, have a lot of hope for 2010. Personally, I have the same hopes as I have had in previous years: health, happiness, perspective, benevolence, etc. This year, I'll add a request for the safe return of my husband and for all of the others who are overseas.
I think about the families who have gotten that dreaded knock on the door; the one that changes their lives forever. I have taught myself not to think about the possibility of that knock...at least not if I can help it. I've concluded that dwelling on the scary what-ifs don't change a situation over which I already have no control. Instead I choose to think about happy memories of the past and future. They can shed light on any dark day.
Happy New Year; here's to 2010!
Happy New Year Georgie! I'm keeping the Hanlin's in my prayers this new year and looking forward to your reunion with Max. Hope to see you in DC soon.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to his safe return!! I am passing it on to friends!!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts were with you this holiday season. I too am looking forward to his safe return. You are a very strong woman.
ReplyDelete