After managing to arrive at the Post Office at rush hour each day for a week, I decided I needed an alternative plan of attack. I suppose I could have joined the masses, who looked nothing short of miserable, and wait for the hour it would have taken to get up to the desk and mail everything off. However, I thought about my 17 month old son, who doesn't always appreciate sitting still in the stroller unproductively. Then, as I stood amidst the coughs and sneezes of the crowd, I thought about the swine flu. It wasn't a tough call: Mail Boxes Etc., here I come! I got there and seven minutes later, as I walked out, I was trying to figure out how come I hadn't thought of that sooner. Sometimes, you have to take the easy road before the practical road...especially if it gets you to the same place!
Apparently when it rains in this city, everyone decides to hit the store for provisions. I only needed diapers, cat litter and paper towels. Three annoyingly cumbersome items for someone with a stroller and only two hands. Did I mention there were no available shopping carts? As I barreled down the aisles getting what I needed, I was thankful nobody could read my mind to know what I was really thinking. We managed, though, like we always do. My baby held the diapers, the paper towels sat on the visor of the stroller and I carried the litter box while steering the stroller. It might have been a sight to behold, but the mission was accomplished. When the check-out man asked if I needed help, I let out a casual,"No thanks, I've got it."
I'll save the nail in my car tire story for another day.....
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have a great attitude!
ReplyDeleteKeep it up!
Enjoy your holiday with your family and hugs to all!
Bless you Georgie. We got 16 inches of snow in DC yesterday. What a mess... I'll need your patience to get through the next few days. Atleast I can walk to work.
ReplyDelete